Wednesday, June 30, 2021

Wildlife Day 05-29-2021

 I had been to feed horses in the morning. On my way home I saw something that got my attention. I saw 3
raccoons waddling down a driveway of a home in the middle of town headed for the street! I made a u-turn to get another look and take a picture. I was successful getting the picture and causing the three which appeared to be a Mom and 2 juveniles to wander back to the house and to the back yard away from the street. I must say this was a very unusual sighting!



Once I am home again. I fill the bird feeders, fill the bird bath with fresh water and sit under the patio to watch for a bit.

I don't see Blue Jays very often so I was thrilled to see this beauty! I felt bad for him as these feeders aren't designed for the larger birds and they have to work at getting seed. I'm considering getting another feed that has a bigger ledge.

















The doves have just about taken over my feeders. They are such hogs!

I quit putting out seed so often and have thinned them out at least for now.










Our neighbor came over and told me he had a great photo op for me. Come to find out he had a
Mississippi Kite in his back yard that was injured. He had called the game warden and was waiting to hear back. In the meantime I was able to get a really nice picture. You can tell there is something wrong with his wing.

Have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment