Thursday, April 14, 2016

Celebrating a Friend

April 8th is my dear friend Julianne's birthday. Exactly 2 months to the day before mine! I met her through church 8 years ago. It has been so fun to watch her grown in the Lord.

She and I have led Women's Bible Studies together. She has grown so much that I passed the baton to her! She and Mom co-lead the Women's Bible Studies now. I am so proud of both of them!

Mom and I took her out to lunch for her birthday. We ate at The Black Horse a little restaurant downtown. They offer sandwiches, quiche, soups and salads. They also have great desserts! Julianne had not been. She loved it!








This is what we had to eat. Julianne also got the soup of the day which she said was delicious!









I made her this card. The image is a Phyllis Harris design by Unity. So is the sentiment.











I laid the card down so you could better see what I did. To add interest to the water I used glossy accents. For the beach I mixed aged taupe embossing enamel and silver crushed glass glitter by Stampendous. I really like how it turned out and she did too!


Have a good one!









5 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday to your friend Julianne and Happy birthday to you too, Valerie! So happy you were born!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay. Ha, ha. I read too fast! I thought it said your birthday was 2 days after her but I see now it's two months to the day! :) Happy early birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete