Monday, January 11, 2016

And Another Year Ensues

The "New Year" weekend was a blur for me. I had a friend and mentor change her address to heaven
2 days before Christmas. She had dealt with Multiple Sclerosis for several years. She was 61. I knew her for 25 years so I remember her before the MS days. Her body was donated to science to help with research for MS. The family had her memorial service Saturday January 2nd.

In lieu of a book, an 8x10 picture on a 16x20 mat was created for people to sign. I was asked to use my crafting skills to help it not be so plan. I happened to have some stuff I thought would work (imagine that!). I had some inspirational paper that worked really well. With some input from another friend I printed 2 of her favorite scriptures on cardstock and matted with gold paper and placed with the picture. I think it turned out pretty well!





 Two of the signing mats were created. One for her husband and the other for her parents.









On a happier note, I was surprised with a visit from a scrapping friend who had moved to Kentucky 4 years ago. She is the one who was also a secretary to a pastor and invited me to join the scrapbook retreat in Canton called "Revival at Ragle's Retreat". She had text me on Sunday morning Jan 3rd to confirm the time of our church services. She and her family had just moved back to Texas and they wanted to come visit. My friend Teresa and I went to lunch with them afterward. We enjoyed catching up and are so looking forward to having her at retreats again!


On January 7th, I spent some time with the Kennedy and Kashton jumping on the trampoline. Korin isn't big enough to jump with us but we let her join for a little bit and I got this quick picture of us all laying on the trampoline.






One happy little girl! It wasn't always like this though. She got this swing for her birthday and the first few times she was in it she did not like it at all! I just love the sound she's making!

Have a good one!


1 comment:

  1. So sorry about your friend. It's always hard to lose someone but especially around the holidays. The sign in with the photo is a lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete