Tuesday, March 26, 2013

The Few. The Proud. The Marines.

My niece is a Marine! She graduated from boot camp with honors March 15th. We are all so proud of her. She came home after graduation for about a week.
All the family
My brother, youngest niece Destiny, Addison (the Marine), Taylor and their Mom Sherri.
This girl is dangerous!
We had a big family cookout yesterday to celebrate and learn the scoop. She headed out today for another month of training.
I made her this card.
These papers are Pebbles "Let Freedom Ring collection from last summer. I bought them to make some "AnyHero" cards to send to our troops. I used sketch#162 from Operation Write Home.

The flag is a Tim Holtz diecut. I paper pieced the flag and put foam tape behind it. The stars are out of some scrap self adhesive glitter paper I had in my stash. The sentiment is from Stampin Up also popped with foam tape. On the inside of the card I stamped the sentiment "God bless you for serving" from "My Hero Sentiments Set" by Stampers Best.

While I was at it I decided to make another card for a Hero to send to Operation Write Home. I changed a few things and actually liked this card better than the first.
I paper pieced the flag on this one too but used more colors to make the flag look more realistic.

Thanks for stopping by! Have a good one.







4 comments:

  1. WOW, congratulations to your niece. Your cards are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Congratulations to your niece and to you too!! Your card is fabulous. She looks so proud as she should be. Be sure to tell her about cards from OWH! Love,love this card!

    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I do plan to tell her about OWH!

      Delete