Thursday, April 5, 2018

They Are Here 3-29-2018

I spied my first Bluebonnets of the season. These are right in the middle of town on the one way street headed West. If you look closely you can see a blurred image of the Baker Hotel.


















It looks like a lot but its a small strip right by the road.











I wanted to get some pictures of all the grands while Remi was here so I began to look in all the places I had seen them in previous years. In my quest to find Bluebonnets in a safer area to take pictures in I found Indian Paint Brushes also making their appearance.







And these pretty flowers that I can't remember what they are.









And these. I think these are actually weeds but the blooms are pretty!











As I was feeding horses, I noticed the light on this mature dandelion.













As I was leaving the barn headed to the truck to leave I just happened to look toward the trees and saw these beautiful Cedar Waxwings. I only managed one shot before something startled them and the flew.






I then noticed the moon! It was coming up over the trees and the sun had not set yet!













I was in my truck headed home driving by the pasture there is another tree with birds in it with the moon. I found a place to park and took a few more pictures. I believe these birds are Starlings.


























This was as close as I could get with my zoom. They were very high up in the tree.












My last shot of the birds with the moon.
I thought it was cool.


Have a good one!

2 comments: