Thursday, April 12, 2018

Dance Competition 4-7-2018

Kennedy has been doing dance since age 3. He loves it and is pretty good. She has done so well that her teacher has moved her up to a group that is 1 to 2 years older than her. Last fall her teacher ask Vanessa about letting Kennedy participate in dance competition.

Kennedy, Daysee and dance teacher LeAnn Davis. LeAnn has taught dance for 30 years. She is an amazing woman.

The dance competition was held on Sunday at the Hilton in Frisco. On Saturday my niece had a baby shower in Plano so I made arrangements to stay and spend the night with my sweet SIL Doris. Vanessa and family did too.

Vanessa, Korin and I went to the baby shower. Kennedy had dance rehearsal Saturday morning. Keannon brought her and Kashton over later.

Kennedy had to be at the hotel by 8:30AM but wasn't scheduled to dance until 9:30AM. I decided to go a little later with Doris.

No photos or videos were allowed during the competition so unfortunately I didn't get to take any pictures. The pictures I have I have I got from Miss LeAnn. I am thankful for that!

The girls danced to the Toby Mac song "Light Shine Bright". The girls did a great job and placed 2nd in their division!









Posing with their ribbons and trophies.


We all got a special surprise treat during the dance competition. Madame Suzelle Poole teaches dance at Royale Ballet Dance Academy in Dallas. She is 77 years "young" 😉. You can go here for a short video clip on her from Fox News. She was such an inspiration not only to the kids but the adults too!

It was a great time!

Have a good one!







2 comments:

  1. How wonderful! And congratulations to Kennedy for placing 2nd in their division!

    ReplyDelete