Saturday, September 3, 2016

Road Trip to Retreat

August 25, 2016, my friend, Teresa, and I left for a 4 day scrapbook retreat at Ragle's in Canton, a town in East Texas. It's about 2 1/2 hours away from us. We have attended this retreat several times with the same group of ladies. The last few times Teresa and I attended she would ask me about staying over on Sunday night and going back on Monday. This year she asked me before we left about staying the extra day and I said "yes"!

About 3 weeks ago the kids moved back into the Peanut Palace. As much as I love them, I was ready for a "break" so this retreat came at a very good time!

This trip we stopped to take a few pics along the way. We've passed this church many times before but never stopped. This is an old Presbyterian Church just a few feet from the road in Kaufman.

































The historical marker. You can click on the photo to enlarge and possible read the plaque.
















Look at the etched glass! So beautiful!


















This church isn't old but we thought it was pretty. It's in a little bitty place called "Ola"!



























We both liked the clouds behind the church.









We make our destination. Look what we had waiting for us!

This beautiful view would be mine to enjoy for the next four days. Pure happiness!

Have a good one!

2 comments: