Thursday, February 5, 2015

Hiking with Kennedy

A little over 2 weeks ago (January 21st) Kennedy had asked me to come see her. I hadn't got to see her for a few days and I think we were both having withdrawals. Vanessa had been doing some school work with her when I arrived and Kennedy was taking "a break". She then wanted to paint so I watch my little budding artist. I then got the grand idea to take Kennedy to Lake Mineral Wells State Park. I had bought a pass back in the fall. I thought it would be fun.

It was cool and overcast that day with a chance of rain. I thought she would enjoy hiking in the rock climbing area. It was my first time to take her although it was not her first time to be there. When she went to "Mother's Day Out" her class went to the park for a field trip. They didn't however hike the trail I took her on!

Here we are at the beginning of the trail.
One of my favorite spots.









She was a little nervous about going down the stairs at first. It's hard to tell in this picture but they are pretty steep.







She thought it was fun to walk through the rock!































These rocks are REALLY BIG!















We're almost to the water's edge.










Time for a selfie!

















Picking up clam shells on the shoreline. You can see how low the lake is. It begins to rain so we make our way back to the truck.












Walking back through the rock.













making our way back to the top.

















As we are leaving the hiking area I spy the Pelicans and try to get a closer look.

I am about to leave when they do move closer.











I took this from inside my truck!










Guess I was too close for comfort.


We had a good time. I'll take her again when the weather is nicer.


Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Those steps are pretty steep. It is a fun place to hike though. Haven't been there since my back issues though. Looks like you two had a great time!

    ReplyDelete