Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Dixie's Training Progress

Thursday September 4th I went to visit Dixie again. This time I invited Kennedy to go with me. We were still having some very hot days so Dixie's trainer Jordan was going to start about 8AM. It is about a 40-45 minute drive so that meant getting up EARLY to feed horses and grab some breakfast.

He is doing some ground work before he gets on her.




The mount! He has ridden her before and she did fine. She did great this day too!









Once mounted he waits a few minutes to be sure she's calm before he moves on.























Looking good at a trot!

























Looking good at a lope (canter)!











Riding her outside the round pen.












Ending on a good note. She looked amazing to me! Jordan says she is doing really well. Her only issue is still having moments of not "giving to the bit". He says some of that is her age and some of it is because she's half mustang. He said he just wants to be absolutely certain that when he gives her back to me that I can jump on her and go trail riding without worrying she's going to do something unexpected. I'm all game for that! He's supposed to get with me soon to come down to ride her myself while he gives me pointers! I can hardly wait!


Kennedy did really good. I needed to talk to Jordan about Dixie and we had walked away from the truck. When I came back this is how I found her! She was one tired little girl! She was a real trooper!




Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Kennedy must have gotten up really, really early! She looks worn out! And it looks like Dixie is doing really well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She did Sandy! We got up about 6:30am and she didn't go to sleep until after 11pm! Guess she was too wound up! She also took a nap later that day (thank goodness!). She needed too! I am very pleased with Dixie's progress. I cannot wait to get her home!

      Delete