Sunday, August 25, 2013
I received a private Facebook message from this same girl (Brandon) on Wednesday telling me the Dane was still available but her time was running out. I started getting a little more serious about asking questions about her. All I knew to do was ask Doyle about it. If he said no I would abide by his decision.
I wanted to put off getting her until Friday as Doyle and I were both working that day and I wouldn't be home until after 6pm. Brandon told me it wouldn't wait. She said if Gracie wasn't adopted she would have to be euthanized. After church Wednesday night I finally get the courage to ask Doyle. He didn't say yes but more importantly, he didn't say no! I determined in my heart that I would go pick her up from the shelter first thing Thursday morning.
I get up and arrive at the City Animal Shelter before they open. I fell in love the moment I saw her. She is so loving! Although extremely thin, she was full of energy and strong! Vanessa said she would help me with the dogs until I could get home from work.
I had already been thinking about a name the night before. I wanted something similar to Mercy because I knew the dog needed a lot of it! I thought "Grace" would work but then thought about calling her "Gracie"
The girls came over to meet her. They like her except for her "happy tail" that doesn't cease to hit everything because it's always moving!
I could hardly wait to spend more time with her! I text Vanessa to check on things and she sends me this picture.
I decide to go home during lunch in between working at the office and the store.
I'll keep you posted on Gracie's recovery.
Have a good one!