Thursday, July 18, 2013

Imagine

Oh to be able to keep our child-like wonder. We begin early wanting to hurry to grow up then when we do we don't like being grown up! Everyone should have a child in their life to help them remember what it's like. To see things through their eyes!


After creating a 2 page layout to display in the store I made another 2 page layout for Remi's book of that same event. It's pretty simple but I actually like it that way. At least the pictures are down and I journaled. I used American Crafts "My Girl" for this layout.
A close up of the left side of the layout.
The right side of the layout.
Remember you can click on the picture to see it full size.
These pics were taken 2 years ago in August when Remi was allowed to visit us in Texas. It was 100 degrees that day but the girls didn't seem to mind! Thankfully most of the park was well shaded!
I created another two page layout last Saturday. More pictures from this same time. I'm trying to do pages for both Remi and Kennedy so when they are bigger they can each have their own scrapbook. 
Because I was crafting at home I pulled out paper from my stash. This is Echo Park's "Playground" collection from a couple of years ago.

The left side
The right side.
Have you ever created a layout and just weren't all that thrilled with it? Well, I have. I think this is the first time I ever done this but I had a 2 page layout I had made from this same set of pictures a year ago.  Every time I saw it I would say to myself "I really don't like this". Well, the other night I tore the layout completely apart and recreated it. I used the same design but different papers. I am much happier with my results.
These pictures are the same as those above. These pages will go in Kennedy's book. The paper I used for this layout is Bo Bunny "Ad Lib".

The left side.
The right side.
Now to get busy on pages for Kashton!
It's WOW Wednesday at Cat's Creations. Be sure to leave me a comment.  A prize is given away to a random participant or commenter.
We've had a couple of extremely unusual cool days for July and some MUCH needed rain. It is moving out of our area although we got about another half inch today. Tuesday night I enjoyed watching the clouds. They made for a very pretty sky!

 Looking to the Northeast. The clouds were moving our direction but either went around or dissipated before they got to us :(
The sun was hid behind the clouds. If you look REAL close you can barely make out the Baker Hotel on the right side of the picture on the horizon.
Have a good one!

6 comments:

  1. I think I've mentiine it before, but again, you blow me away with how many pictures you use. You're letting the pictures do the talking and the papers and embellishments stay low key. I love it Valerie! You put so much love into your work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cassandra! I take A LOT of pics and always have a difficult time not using ALL I take! It's been my understanding of scrapbooking that the pictures "should" do the talking. Some of my frustration with many of the sample layouts you see in magazines is they use one 4x6 on a 12x12 page and mostly embellishing. Although that is beautiful, it's not me nor my style. The art or craft should never take away from the picture. If I do only one picture then I will enlarge it to a 5x7 or even 8x10. I am glad that you like my style and hopefully you are inspired!

      Delete
  2. I L.O.V.E. these layouts! Wonderful photos and love how you use so many. Great job, Valerie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marilyn! You know me and my many photos!

      Delete
  3. Love your layouts! How awesome you are making layouts for both girls! They are so going to love these some day if not sooner! Beautiful sky photos! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Remi is already looking at her album every time she's here!

      Delete