Sunday, September 23, 2012

HOLIDAY Cards and More

Here are some cards I made to donate to Operation Write Home. I was thrilled that some of these meet the criteria for the challenge over at Stars and Strips.  Stampers Best is giving away some stamps. The way to enter is to make a Holiday themed (Christmas or winter) or a LOVE themed card.

Here is my HOLIDAY Themed card (Christmas)

This is pretty simple. Using some left over papers from Authentique's Christmas collection I made this card. I added a ribbon and using an embossing pen circled the 25th of December.


I made some other cards as well.

You may recognize some of the same papers that I used on the card above. Yep, more left over scraps from Authentique! The stamp is from Unity that I colored using my memento ink pens.

These papers are from last years collection from Echo Park. I heat embossed the sentiment using gold embossing powder. The stamp (I believe) is from Stampin Up.

This one I popped the sentiment with chipboard.





These papers scraps are from Teresa Collins Christmas collection last year.





This card was made with scraps from Authentique's "Celebration" collection. I heat embossed the sentiment. The stamp is from Stampin Up.













I made a couple of cards for a hero to send home to their little boy. Loved this dinosaur paper by 3 Bugs. I stamped "I love you" on the green dinosaur and popped it with some foam tape.




Using the same collection I made this card and added the sentiment "and so are you" using my Just Rite alpha stamps. I popped the sentiment and the dinosaur with foam tape.














My daughter has a birthday on Tuesday. I made this card for her. We are celebrating tomorrow night. She is going for a 4D sonogram tomorrow...hoping we will learn the gender of the baby when we go to dinner!








Remi is visiting. Because she was sick last time she was supposed to come it has been a month since we've seen her! I made my heart swell when she said she had missed me! Both the girls wanted to come to my house today after church. Despite the warm day we went for a walk. Well, I walked and they rode in the wagon Grammer (my mom) got them. We walked to a little park about 10 blks from my house.



I tried to get a picture of me with both the girls but Kennedy was not cooperating.

That's it for tonight. Have a good one!

4 comments:

  1. Ha, ha. Love the pic of those two in the wagon! And wow! Love all the cards! Christmas and others too! Those little boy ones are adorable! I'm sort if excited that you "might" get to know if you're have a grandson or another granddauther today! So I'll be watching for that update. :) All your cards are wonderful. So glad you meet a couple of challenges with these!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sandy! I always appreciate your encouraging words! Hope I have some news to tell!

      Delete
  2. Your cards are so beautiful. I didn't see them at the OWH birthday bash...was concentrating on making my cards. Love the photo of you and Remi. Look forward to seeing if it's a boy or girl!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Marilyn! You made some pretty cards too! I have some news but am not allowed to tell just yet! Hopefully soon!

      Delete