Monday, July 2, 2012

Monkey Business

I've been pretty busy the last several days! I am finally getting to post my creations for OWH Midweek throwdown monkey challenge.


This was a challenge for me as I didn't have any monkeys! I did some searching and found this cute guy. This is a digital image from Dustin Pike. He does some great work. I used OWH Sketch #127. I colored the monkey and balloon with my Copic Markers and stamped the sentiment with a stamp from Stampin Up but I don't know which set. The print paper is Bo Bunny "wild child" I think. The print made me think of the jungle.

Here's another card I made. This time I used monkeys from Creative Imaginations Studio Basic 101 scrapbook paper. Sorry about the glare. I didn't check for that when I took the photo.  I used more scraps from the same paper line I used on the other card. One side of it was yellow the other red. I used a Stampin Up scalloped border punch for the red border. The sentiment is Stampin Up as well. I decided it would be fun to add the ball ribbon for this card.

Going to the zoo tomorrow with the kids. I am looking forward to it. I need to get busy though, I haven't scrapbooked the pics I took when I went with them in October!

Have a good one!

5 comments:

  1. Dustin Pike images are great! I used one on a Father's Day card but have tons more because I am a yearly member - not enough time in a lifetime to use all the Dustin Pike images I own! LOL

    I love the sock monkey card - the three images remind be of the photo booth photo strips and sock monkey make me think of Nanci! Were you at the retreat when they were getting silly with the sock monkey? If you weren't I'm sure you heard about it!

    Have fun at the zoo - maybe you can scrapbook both zoo visits at the same time. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha. Love your monkey cards! I think I have monkey stickers and thought of doing this challenge but haven't had much time. I'm working on a Design Team card today and hopefully another Pixie Dust Challenge one. Have fun at the zoo! I'm sure you'll take some wonderful photos and then you can scrapbook BOTH visits. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fun cards! Way to go...Love how you used the smile sentiment! TFS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. CUTE monkey - lovely cards for kids. Thanks for visiting me during the OWH/OWH bloghop - my team and I were very surprised to receive all these lovely comments. CharlieDK from OSH

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cards!
    Gr. Karina
    Denmark.

    ReplyDelete