Saturday, July 4, 2009

Found a Peanut






Remember that silly little song? "Found a Peanut, found a peanut, found a peanut right here" to the tune of "Oh, My Darling Clemintine? Vanessa calls the baby "Peanut" and that is what it made me think of it.
She had a doctor's appointment Thursday. On Tuesday Vanessa broke the news to me over lunch that the former BF was coming along. She said she was giving him the opportunity to be involved but with the stipulation that it was all or nothing. I wasn't too happy about it but then this isn't about me. I just don't want to see her get any more hurt.
Everything is fine. We heard the heart beat. I think that made it more real for Vanessa. She has still be struggling with "is this really happening?" The doctor said she will have a "little pooch" the next time we go and the following appointment they will do another sonogram.



We didn't do anything for the 4th but stay home. I actually didn't mind. I've been doing some scrapbooking (surprise). I've been working on the other "Team" chipboard album for my other niece whose birthday is later this month. I think I'm going to like this one even better than the last one! I'll take pics when I get done.



Mom is spending her 4th weekend with her brother & sister-in-law. Her sister from Missouri was meeting them there too. I'm sure they are having a ball. I would like to have gone but didn't want to travel. I think I'm getting old! I used to never give it a thought about going anywhere!



This is May's Page of the month Class using Basic Grey's Lime Rickey. I used a different title than what was suggested and also different subject matter. I'm getting a lot better about "doing my own thing"! (Thanks Cathy! )







I didn't like the colors of this kit as much. This is Basic Grey's "wisteria" line. My scrapbook friend Nanci gave me the idea of incorporating the sonogram pic. Pic of my mom, me and Vanessa close to the same age and "Peanut".

It's been terribly hot. After the one nice day we had (when I rode) the temp went back up and has been in the 100's. It was 103 today. It's 8:22 right now and 99! There is a ray of hope. Storms have formed out to the west and are headed our way if they hold together. I'm watering but just enough to keep stuff alive. Everything really does better with rain water than city water. The birds are starting to attack my tomatoes. I've already lost at least half a dozen from them pecking into the tomatoes. At least they waited until I got to enjoy most of them.

Ok. I'm going back to the scrapbook room!

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment