Wednesday, August 15, 2018

Trip to Visit Family: Day 3 - On to Missouri 7-31-2018

Tuesday July 31st  was time to bid farewell to the "Ainsworth B&B" and continue our trek to Missouri.

Aunt Cindy prepared us a scrumptious breakfast of cinnamon rolls, scrambled eggs and sausage
before she headed out the door for work. We packed and loaded the car and took just a few minutes to capture a quick couple of photos.
























We drive to Blue Springs where my Aunt Sandy (Mom's sister) lives. The kids were hungry and very ready to get out of the car so we found a Chick-fil-A close to her house. She met us there to visit while we had lunch then took Mom to stay with her while me and the kids drove on to my Dad's for the next several days.

We arrive at Dad's in Polo, Missouri. After hugs all around and the car is unloaded. Dad (Grandpa) wastes no time in providing something for the kids to do.

He hooks up his John Deere riding lawnmower to a trailer to take us on a ride around the cornfield.




































Now this was interesting....riding in a trailer on a lawn chair. That took a bit of a balancing act! 😲














I absolutely love this picture!











Dad isn't farming anymore. Someone else has put the crop in. It looks really good considering they are in extreme drought.










There is a little draw through the land that has water in it when it rains. Dad took a piece of concrete slab from a building he tore down and created a bridge. The little ones thought that was pretty cool.









































While eating dinner I looked out the living room window which is the opposite side of this view. It was pouring down rain yet it was dry on this side of the house. It was so strange. Then I caught a glimpse of this rainbow. I shot up out of my chair and gave my apologies for abruptly leaving the table but I had to get this picture! Of course my childlike behavior made everyone want to leave the table😳. It was just too pretty to pass up. We don't see rainbows like this very often. Once I was outside I could see it was a double rainbow although the second one was
very faint. It was so big I could not get the whole thing in the frame of my camera!

Here is a short silly video clip I took of the rainbow.








The colors were just so brilliant!













The rainbow is the sign of promise. God keeps His promises. It will rain again.

Dad (Grandpa) played a little basketball with Kashton. You can view that here. I apologize I couldn't figure out how to edit the video.


Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. This visit to your Dad's farm is so wonderful and those kids will remember it forever!

    ReplyDelete