Monday, June 11, 2018

Cards Made in April

I made 16 cards the Month of April. Two of those were posted in other blogs. One was the Cards in Envy card challenge and the other was a card for my niece's baby shower.

I have made cards with this image before so that would be why it looks familiar.

I wasn't pleased when I finished with this one. I had colored the image then used glue to add some Flowersoft Polar white for the snow. I wish now I had finished cutting the rest of the girl out and added that to the base paper. Oh, well, I'll know better next time. I made this card for Remi. She had seen another card I had made with this image and wanted me to make her one because she lives in Colorado now and they have snow!

 I made this one by using a music embossing folder and inking with Distress Ink Vintage Photo. The sentiment is from a Unity kit called
Cuppa Comfort {August 2017 Sentiment Kit}. This is a great kit!











I made this for a boy in my church for his birthday. This image and sentiment is Cuddlebug Fox designed by artist Tierra Jackson from Unity Stamp Company. I have used this image before. The background is old My Mind's Eye Kraft.














On this card I used an embossing folder to create the border. Next I used Distress Oxide Inks and blended over the background. The image is from Unity's March 2018 Kit of the Month called "Stay Classy"














I made this card for a friend. I have used this stamp set to make several cards. It is called She Never Says Never Unity's June 2017 Sentiment Kit.
















To create the background I heat embossed the flowers which is a retired Donna Downey Peony Stamp. I then blended Distress Inks Broken China and Fossilized Amber. The words on the background are part of this stamp set. It measures 1.75 X 4.5 and says "She believed with all her heart she could so she did. There is a light in her heart and determination in her eyes. She is full of strength, love and gratitude for this life. She believed, so she did."  Each statement is an individual sentiment. I colored the girl with Copic Markers and cut out. I cut out the sentiment as well and put foam tape behind both.







I made this card for a young teenage boy. The background I made with an Impression Obscession Cover-a-Card Clouds. The airplane and sentiment are from Unity stamp kit "For the Guys". I stamped the same image three times on the card. Then I stamped once more and cut it out and placed in the center of the card.







This is an anniversary card I created for my niece. The image and sentiment are from Unity's stamp kit "Here's to You"by artist Angie Blom.











This card was for a man in our church. This is a Unity Stamp by artist Tierra Jackson. She is quickly becoming a favorite of mine!It is called "Slowly Turning Classic". It's pretty faint but I used a stamp on the background from a stamp kit called "Hello Beautiful" then blended with Distress Inks. I colored the truck with Copic Markers. I used glossy accents on the headlights and windshield.













I made this for the wife of the man above. She is bird watcher. She and her husband have birthdays two weeks apart! Her birthday was on the 12th and his on the 25th.

I used Distress Oxide Inks to create the background. The stamp and sentiment are Unity called "No One Sweeter" I colored with Copic Markers.






This was created for a girl in my church. The stamp set is "Little by Little" from Unity by artist Tierra Jackson.

I colored with Copic Markers and stamped "for you" inside the balloon. The sentiment is from Stampin' Up.


















I created this for another child in our church. This stamp set is Unity. I colored with Copic Markers and added googly eyes. I don't think this stamp is sold any longer as I cannot find a link for it.

Thank you for taking a look.

Have a good one!







2 comments:

  1. Wow! You made a lot of fabulous cards in April! Love seeing them all. I make cards now and then that I wish I'd done different but in the end the card is done and until you mentioned you didn't like it much I thought it was great. :)

    ReplyDelete