Friday, April 20, 2018

Bike-a-thon 4-13-2018

Community Christian School's major fund raiser is "Bike-a-thon". The entire school meets at West City Park and the kids either ride or walk laps around the park. Some donors give a flat rate and some donate per lap.

Bike-a-thon was around when Vanessa was at Community Christian. In those days I worked full-time so I was never able to attend. Vanessa asked me if I would like to participate with the kids. Why not? I like to ride my bike.

Kashton and Korin at check-in before we start.








A sea of purple as all participates and volunteers wore the same shirt. The bikers were started with the oldest first staggering the starts with each group.













Mommy and Korin rode together.



















Kashton was so excited he could hardly wait!

There two loops. One was about a half mile that was for the younger kids and then there was a loop that was about a mile for the older ones or those up for the challenge. The younger kids could ride the bigger loop as long as an adult was with them.

Kashton wanted to ride the bigger loop most of the time. He would ride for a while, then play for a while, then ride for a while.








Riding the bigger loop.

















This struck me as funny. This is a bit of an incline. They all got off their bikes at the same time to walk up the hill. This is "bike-a-thon" not "walk-a-thon". I think this is the only time Kashton got off his bike and we rode bigger hills than this one!







At the end Kashton completed 24 laps! Kennedy did 23 and here's the miles my bike recorded!


Have a good one!


2 comments: