Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Kennedy Rides Fancy 1-24-2018

We are having some mild days in the middle of our winter. Kennedy asked to go riding so we planned a day after school.

She and I have talked about letting her begin to ride Fancy. Kennedy is very comfortable with Clyde. Mr. Slow and Steady. However one day he will not be with us anymore. Fancy is a much younger horse and her movements are much quicker. Kennedy has seen Fancy jump sideways when I was riding her.

I told Kennedy we would start a little at a time as she was ready and we would begin in the round pen until she and I were both confident that she could control her.

I thought Kennedy did really well. She got a little nervous towards the end as you'll see because Fancy wouldn't stay stopped when Kennedy stopped her.























This was the day we bought Fancy December 2014. I thought it would be fun to compare the two.
















Kennedy holding Diamond for me while I put Fancy in the round pen.

















She loves Diamond (as do I). He is a really big horse!

















Finally beginning our ride.

































We had a good time!



Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. How fun it is to see how much Kennedy has grown. She looks like an adult up there on Fancy! I'm sure she'll get quite good with that horse in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete