Wednesday, January 10, 2018

He's a Wordy Buck

I hadn't seen this stamp set before. It's called "He's a Wordy Buck" from Unity Stamp Co.

I am always looking for ways to make masculine cards. I thought this stamp set was a good one to add to my inventory. I love all the sentiments that come in this set making it very versatile!







Here are a few cards I made with this set.

This first one I used ivory or cream paper and used gold embossing powder to heat emboss the image and sentiment and used gold paper to frame both.

(Do you notice the "spike" the card is displayed on? That is called a floral frog. I noticed that many card makers use them. I asked for one for Christmas and got it 😊 )







I liked the first card I made okay but wanted to see what it looked like on Kraft paper. I decided to try white embossing powder. I cut out the buck and used foam tape to give him dimension. I heat embossed the sentiment directly on the card. It looked blah to me so I remembered I had some pine trees I made using a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I had colored them with distress inks and cut them out to use on something but never did. I added them to the card. It's okay but this card just doesn't wow me.




I like the idea of using Kraft paper and thought I would try this one more time using copper embossing powder and paper. I like this card much better. You may feel differently and that's okay 😉! I still have the other two and will probably use them when I need a card but my first choice in this instance was this last one.

Thanks for looking!

Have a good one!



2 comments:

  1. Perfect stamp for masculine cards! And I love each of your cards using it! All are so different and very lovely even if they are for men. :)

    ReplyDelete