Sunday, December 24, 2017

First Craft Fair 12-09-17

I finally took the plunge. I entered my first Craft Fair. I wasn't really prepared. I have no business name, no business cards and no way to receive credit/debit cards but I decided if I didn't just "do it" I might not ever. The space was free so it was a good opportunity without a lot of investment. It was held in the neighboring community of Millsap. Population about 500. This was the community's day for a Christmas Parade and lighting of the tree. This was their first year to host vendors. You can see some of the vendors by the flag pole in this picture.

I shared a booth with my daughter's friend Taylor. She makes custom designed wood signs, wreaths, shirts and much more.

Our both was on the corner of this sign.









I already have ideas of how to better display my cards than just lying on the table. Unless people came inside the booth they could not be seen. It was also a bit windy that day. I had to use double stick tape to the backs to keep cards from blowing off the table.









Kennedy came with me too. Although it was about 60 that day it was pretty chilly out of the sun. Good thing Taylor was prepared and brought blankets!









 Taylor was having problems with her merchandise too when the wind would gust!


















A friend of Taylor's had the booth next to us. She was so sweet. Come to find out she is our neighbor and leaves just a few houses down from us!










You can tell Taylor has been doing this for a little while. I got lots of tips from her in how to proceed.













Things were pretty slow until after the parade.














There was several things going on. There was live entertainment, Chili cook-off, Ugly Sweater Contest,











The Millsap High School band played some Christmas songs.












Belle and the Beast were there.


















Even with more people there, I only sold one card but I'm okay with that. I see it as a "first step", "getting my feet wet" so to speak.














Kennedy found a booth that offered reindeer kits for kids to make and hot chocolate!
















Isn't she the cutest reindeer ever?!


In the end I was glad I did it and it was fun.

Have a good one!





2 comments:

  1. Outdoor craft fairs are hard. Yay that you did sell one. I donated some of my older cards and projects to Weatherford Whiskers for a couple of craft fairs. I hope they sold some. They also put them up on an auction in Facebook to raise some money for cat rescues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a cool idea too! I may look into that as well. Thanks for the info.

      Delete