Wednesday, October 25, 2017

A Couple of Cards

Here are a couple of cards I made recently.

I have already post several cards I have made using this image. I just love this stamp set from Unity called "Happy Snail Mail" their May 2017 Sentiment Kit.

I used Copic Markers to color most of the image. On the mushroom dots I used liquid pearls. I sent this to a young man that used to be a member of our church. He left to go to school out of state and has chosen to stay at least for a time. He was part of our worship team and I got to know him pretty well. Earlier this summer he was working at a youth camp and talked about how others were getting letters from home and he wished he could get some. I sent him a message and told him I would send him a letter if I had a mailing address. He gave it to me and I started sending him "snail mail" 😉. Even after camp ended I have continued to send him cards from time to time.

Doyle is taking a class co-hosted by the Mineral Wells Police Department and Mineral Wells
Fire/EMS called Citizens Emergency Services Academy. This gives him an opportunity to ride with officers on patrol. He did that the other night and he asked me for a "Thank You" card.

I made this unique card using a picture taken of the department's badge. I cut the badge out then put foam tape behind it to give it more dimension. I used an embossing folder for the white background. I used a Stampin' Up sentiment that I heat embossed on vellum and placed over the card and tucked the edges under the black paper before attaching to the card base. I really like how it turned out and hubs did too 😊.




Have a good one!



2 comments: