Thursday, September 28, 2017

More Birthday Cards

I had fun making this birthday card for a lady in our church.

I created the background using water color paper, Distress Oxide Inks and water. I took several different inks and smudged on a non-stick craft map. I spritzed with water. I used a stamp from Unity's August 2017 KOTM "Never Be Afraid". I used two different leaf stamps. I stamped in the ink that was spritzed with water and stamped onto the water color paper. One leaf I stamped, heat embossed and cut out to add foam tape to bring dimension. I really love how it turned out! Better yet, so did the recipient! She loved it so much she shared it on her Instagram account! I count that a success!








I made this card for a boy in our church who just turned 13.

I loved the paper which I used for the background and I love the stamp set! It is Unity's July 2017 Sentiment Kit called "Hugs, Kisses & Birthday Wishes". I think I've shared this one before. I love this kit and have used the sentiments multiple times already!

I colored the image with Copic markers and cut out the image. For a little more "pop" I put glossy accents on the balloons. I also added "googly eyes" to the owl. I added foam tape to give the owl some dimension. I liked how this turned out so well that I made another just like it!







I made this card for a little girl in our church who just turned 4. In fact, she and Kashton are in the same class at school. I have blogged about this stamp set before. I love it! A Unity Stamp called Finally Here by artist Tierra Jackson.















I was so excited to break this stamp out. I made this card for a lady from my church using Unity's June 2017 Sentiment Kit called "She Never Says Never". I used a background stamp from this set to create the background using Distress Ink Tea Dye. Using my Misti I stamped it multiple times to cover the card. I colored the girl with Copic markers and cut out. I also cut out the sentiment and used foam tape to make it stand out just a bit.

Do you see what appears to be some black marks above the girl's head? I dropped my ink pad!! I decided to send it anyway.

I posted it on Instagram with the caption "Perfectly Imperfect. It wouldn't be handmade if it was perfect". For me to do that is really a big accomplishm😉ent in conquering my perfectionism! Yeah me 😊






This card is for a man at church. This image is a Stampin Up! You're shocked right?! 😊 The sentiment is Unity though.



It sure is a good thing our church isn't very big. There are 15 September birthdays! Not counting some family and friend birthdays. I think I've made 20 cards for September alone!

Have a good one!



2 comments:

  1. All your cards are fabulous! I really like the background of that first one. I have yet to really play with those distress oxide inks. I keep forgetting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! It is a fun technique although is a bit messy. I'm getting better about using it! Thinking I may use it for the Cards in Envy challenge this time.

      Delete