Thursday, August 10, 2017

Sweet Friend, True Friend

I didn't make this card with anyone in mind. The stamp I used is from Unity's June Kit of the Month called "Time to Enjoy Life". I had been wanting to stamp it up and see what I could do with it. I must say I was pleased with how the card came out.

I used some liquid pearls, a red pearl pen, and black enamel on the ice cream. The rest I colored with Copic Markers.

The sentiment goes with this image. I stamped with Versamark ink and heat embossed with black powder on vellum.

This card I made for someone I know who has had some tough situations this year one of which was losing a very close friend to a horrible accident a couple of months ago. She, like me, loves horses and has some.  I had been thinking about her and decided to let her know I was by sending a card. I colored the horse to look like the one she has.

She loved it!

This image is a Unity Stamp by artist Phyllis Harris called "Listen from the Heart". This set comes with three sentiments. The horse stamps are my favorite of Phyllis Harris although I'm a fan of nearly anything she does (my collection will prove that 😍) I colored with Copic Markers. Because the background paper I used behind the image wasn't "white" I chose to apply with a blending tool Distress Ink "Antique Linen" to knock a bit of the brightness of the white out. I used a red pearl pen to color in the heart.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! I love that ice cream card! The added pearls and enamel really make it pop! And the horse card is wonderful. How thoughtful to color the horse to look like hers. I'm sure it helped her to feel some joy the day she received it. So sorry to hear she lost a friend in a tragic way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sandy! You always leave such wonderful encouraging comments! They are greatly appreciated!

      Delete