Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Snail Mail

I love the technology we have available today but I also like doing some things the way we used to. Like sending cards and writing letters. It seems that this is becoming a dying art or at least seldom used. I for one enjoy getting mail....real mail....in my mailbox....not my inbox 😉

Now days you hear that type mail referred to as "snail mail." I recently purchased a sentiment stamp set from Unity called "Happy Snail Mail." I love Unity's sentiment kits as they come with several sentiments with images that can be used with other stamp sets. Happy Snail Mail comes with 15 sentiments!

Here are a few cards I made recently with this stamp set. This one I made for someone who is recovering from surgery.

I colored this image with Copic Markers. I did put glossy accents on the yellow dots of the mushroom.


This card I made for a young man that used to attend our church. His parents live in the Ukraine. He lived with the pastor of my church and his wife while he attended high school at our private Christian School. After graduation ,he went to California to attend Bethel's School of Supernatural Ministry. He is now working this summer at a youth camp on a ranch. He mentioned in a post one day on Facebook that he was jealous that his co-workers were getting mail and he wasn't getting any. I made a comment I would write to him if he would give me an address. He did and I made this card to send to him with a letter on the inside. I had no expectations that he would write back but he did! A page and a half in his own handwriting! He was thrilled to get my "snail mail" and said it was the best kind...with a handrawn smiley face emoji 😍.I used pearl pens and liquid pearls to add dimension on the snail and mushroom. The rest I colored the Copic Markers.


This is a card I made for a belated birthday. I colored it with Copic Markers.

Thanks for taking a look.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. It is a dying art! I love that stamp! And your cards are adorable!! Is a snail a bug? I guess not. Ha, ha. or it would be great for our challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I never thought of a snail as a bug. I do have something in mind for the card challenge though :)

      Delete