Friday, June 16, 2017

Birthday Hike 6-8-2017

My birthday was Thursday, June 8th. I had a wonderful day. I got calls, texts, lots of Facebook greetings.

When I went to feed I saw this little guy. This is the very first rabbit I've seen out here. Made my day!


I opened the gate to the pasture for the farrier and saw this mushroom.
















Holding Fancy. Of the three horses she gives the farrier fits with her feet so I have to hold her.

My dad and brother both called me while I was doing this!







The family took me out for lunch. Later that afternoon I decided to take a hike at the State Park.

































A mature milkweed pod opening up to release its seeds.

































































I tried to get closer to this hawk but I disturbed him after I took this.









This is one of the insects that was on the milkweed plant.











After looking it up these are called "milkweed bugs".
















My favorite part of the hike was seeing the deer!











Tufted Titmouse. Unfortunately this photo isn't completely in focus or it would have been a great shot! Needless to say I was bummed!









More deer.









































I had a great time. It was a great birthday!

Have a good one!








2 comments:

  1. You had a wonderful birthday with so many amazing gifts throughout the day! There is a doe in the Plateau loop where we camped with triplets! My niece got some good photos of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Man, I wish I could have seen the deer with triplets! How cool!

      Delete