Wednesday, May 10, 2017

On a Crafting Roll Part 1

 Although I am not getting needed scrapbooking done I have found a groove where I am creating
something everyday. It usually happens in the evening after supper but sometimes also in the afternoon provided I'm not enjoying this wonderful weather😉

With Mother's Day coming up I've been making some of those and just some cards in general.  I do have some graduates I need to make cards for. I've not done those yet.

I've been challenging myself in creating more tags too. Something that hasn't been my norm but I'm kind of liking the simplicity and it can be as encouraging to someone as a card. And with a tag...you can hang it just about anywhere.

I just love this sentiment! It came with a different girl but the person I gave this to, this girl fit her personality better. That is one of the many things I like about Unity Stamps is their versatility to interchange with other stamp sets. This is Drew Girl by Angie Blom, a Unity Artista, and is part of the AngieGirl Collection at Unity.

To make the background I used a stencil and inked with VersaMark then used white embossing powder. Then I applied Distress Inks with a blending tool. I forgot to write down what I used so I don't remember 😐

I stamped the girl and except for her skin, I paper pieced the rest of her. I inked around the image. I took a scrap of some Kraft paper to stamp the sentiment and heat emboss with black. It seemed to lack something and was looking for ribbon for the top of the tag when I came across the scrap of burlap. I thought to myself "it's perfect!" I put it behind the girl. I was going to glue the burlap down with liquid glue then quickly became aware that wouldn't work as this liquid glue had water in it and the ink reacts to water!! So I regrouped and pulled out my Tiny Attacher (fancy name for a little stapler) and stapled the image and burlap as well as the sentiment. I was very please how this turned out. I mailed it to my recipient. I've not heard from her but she is a busy gal. Hoping it brought a smile to her face!

This card I made for a man who is a member of our church and the husband of a friend. I used an embossing folder of stars. I then dug into my mixed media tote and applied 3D Stamp Paint from Viva Decor to lightly cover the stars.

The image is a Deep Red Clingstamp called Bald Eagle Portrait. I love the detail in this stamp! I grabbed a birthday sentiment to finish off the card.










I am really liking using Kraft paper. There's just something about it!

For this card I used a Unity stamp set called "Another Name for Love". I stamped the flower the Kraft paper then used color pencils. The butterfly is from the same set. I stamped then heat embossed with white and cut out the butterfly and popped with foam tape. The sentiment is from Stampin Up called "Wonderful Mother".











You seen a similar card like this in a previous post. I just changed the color of inks. To see the details of what I used you can go here.








This is a card I created for the Unity Show and Tell Page on Facebook. It was called Spring Color Challenge using black, white and green.

The bicycle is from the April Kit of the Month called {Be My Bird}.
Another tag I made with "Drew Girl". I covered the tag with this cool paper I got several years ago. I may just keep this one for myself 😉

















This card was inspired after watching a Unity video by Whitney Magnuson called "Whimsical Oxide Ink Card". In the video they used the new Distress Oxide Inks but I don't have any of those....yet 😉. Of course they always encourage us to use what we have. I applied Distress Ink Salty Ocean with my blending tool covering the entire front of the card. I then spritzed it with water and splattered some Distress Stain Picket Fence. I used stamps from three different sets. The bird on the branch came from April KOTM called "Be My Bird". The flowers under the branch are from the stamp set "You Have Made a Difference". The sentiment came from the stamp set "Remi Girl". I added two strips of washi tape with some bling and black twine tied in a bow.

This card is totally out of my comfort zone but I really liked how it came out.

I have more to share but I decided to break it up a bit and post the others in another post.

Thanks for taking a look!

Have a good one!



2 comments:

  1. Loving all your tags and cards! The Eagle card is fabulous!! And, yes, I think tags make good "cards" to give. I so happy that you are finding a bit of time to craft each day. I try to also but some days, well some days it just doesn't happen! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Now if I could just get myself into scrapbooking a bit more!

      Delete