Saturday, January 7, 2017

More Christmas Cards 2016

Here are some more cards that I made. I also made some for Mom to send out.


To make this card I used scraps of a Bo Bunny Winter Collection. The stamp set is from Close To My Heart. I heat embossed using silver embossing powder.



The background paper is from Kaiser Kraft. The sentiment is from Bo Bunny (I think). Seems it was party of a Christmas collection from a few years ago. I heat embossed with gold embossing powder.

For a little interest I used a holly stamp and embossed the leaves green and berries red.













This piece of the same paper already had a design.

















This is also Kaiser Kraft paper. These were left over from using in an Advent project I made for the scrapbook store 2 years ago.

I love the sentiment. I got this stamp set from a group on Facebook called Scrapyard where people buy and sell craft items. The set includes the words Hope and Peace. I heat embossed the word "Joy" with gold embossing powder.















Here is the other word from that stamp set. As you can see I smudged the edge of the sentiment. I thought I could live with it but it bugged me so bad I redid it but didn't retake the picture!












All I did to make this card was mat the design paper with a solid color and add a sentiment. Wha la! Card! I did heat emboss the sentiment using red embossing powder. As you can tell I was on a heat embossing kick :)















Now you've already seen this card design only in different colors. I created it in gold and cream. If you missed it you can see it here. I was curious if I would like it any better using different colors. This one is black with white embossing.














Then I did one in blue metallic paper and silver embossing. My preference is the gold and cream. It looks the most elegant to me.







This one was a bit more challenging. I had two pieces of the paper with Christmas trees. Enough to make 2 cards. I have a stamp set from Stampin Up of a Christmas tree shape and the words to the Christmas Carole "Silent Night" in a Christmas tree shape. I first stamped the tree shape and heat embossed using clear powder. Then stamp with the words over the tree and heat embossed with gold. The words didn't come out as clear as I would have liked. This stamp set came with a star stamp for the top of the tree. I wasn't happy with how that stamping worked out so I used a star punch and punched out a star using sparkle paper to add to the tree. I actually made the stamped part several times before I decided to go with what I had.

I know Christmas is over but I'm still in a Christmas card makin' mood so I may post more at a later date. We'll see.

Have a good one!




2 comments:

  1. Love your Christmas cards! I luckily got a few made this year! I hope I sent you one! My brain is on a short fuse so I'm not sure. Ha, ha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Yes I did get a beautiful card from you!

      Delete