Sunday, July 3, 2016

Cards for Friends and Family

You probably recognize this paper from a the Father's Day card I made for Doyle. I really love this paper. I wish now I had purchased more of it! I love the color combination and the design.

The image is a Phyllis Harris Design made into a Unity Stamp. The person I sent this to had experienced a tragic loss over a month ago. I just wanted them to know I was thinking of them and still praying for them. 

This next card was for a friend from church. I try to remember her birthday and the last few years have sent her a handmade card. Things were a little crazy for me this year and I didn't get that done. We went to lunch sometime after her birthday and she mentioned that she really missed getting her handmade card. I didn't realize how much she appreciated them! So I decided there's no better surprise than getting a card for "no reason". So I made this card. This image is also a Phyllis Harris by Unity. As you can see the image is very large and this was after I trimmed it down so some of the paper would show! I love the image though! I used heavy embossing powder to give the mountains some texture.


I bought this stamp a few months ago and was looking for an opportunity to use it. I have another friend who is more like a mother to me. She's actually that to a lot of people in our church. We affectionately call her "Mama Irene". She turned 81 on her birthday June 18th. The background paper is actually raindrops which I thought was cool.  I colored the image with my Copic Markers and used Glossy Accents for the rain drops and water puddle. I used foam tape to give the image some dimension. along with the sentiment. 










I made this card for my cousin whose birthday is 13 days after mine! I used this "birthday candle" paper before too on some other birthday cards.


That's all for now. Have a good one!













2 comments:

  1. Love each of your cards! It's good to see some of your crafty stuff now and then. :)

    ReplyDelete