Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Eastern Phoebe

May 10th, I was fortunate enough to find another bird nest. This one was harder to get to but in full view.

If you look up in the center of the breezeway is a two bulb light. The nest is on the left bulb.

To get the following pictures I had to climb on the gate by the stall then stepped on the wooden wall that is part of the stall.





When I discovered the babies I only had my phone camera.












A friend of mine who is an avid bird watcher identified them for me.































They must be hungry. Even though their mouths are open, I never heard a sound from them.
















I believe there are four juveniles.








I almost missed this opportunity as the next day they had flown the coop!



Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. I started to say...looks like they are ready to fly! Glad you captured their photo. We have baby woodpeckers in a dead tree (parents hammered the hole about 10 feet from the ground). It's been an ordeal keeping them safe. First Eddie had to climb a ladder and get a rat snake out of the nest. It ate one of the babies but we still have 2 and the parents are still tending them. Then a Starling bird decided to torture them and tried to kill the Mama so Eddie shot at it with a 22 loaded with rat shot. That was Friday and the Starling hasn't been back since. Now if they can get big enough to fly away without any of our cats getting them, we'll be happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. that is so cool you have baby woodpeckers! These silly birds! What would they do without us!

      Delete