Monday, January 4, 2016

Christmas Day

I must admit I was a bit giddy about Christmas this year and I couldn't help but feel just a little guilty
about it. Because the kids are living in the Peanut Palace they have NO ROOM for a tree so we had Christmas at my house (like it used to be :) The part I feel guilty about is that Vanessa was bummed that they couldn't have Christmas at their on house :( Oh the growing pains of having adult children! I understand. I wanted to have my own Christmas when I had my family at her age. I'm guessing at some point when I get older it won't matter so much to me.

I went to feed horses that morning and when I returned Vanessa, Keannon, Korin and Remi were waiting on me. Kashton and Kennedy were still sleeping! Vanessa went to get them up when I arrived. I managed to get the kids to pose in front of the tree with their new pajama's I got them before we started. This is my favorite except Kashton is looking down!





One of our Christmas traditions that has been handed down from my Dad's side of the family is reading the Christmas story from the Bible. Vanessa got a children's version and is reading it to the kids.







Then Doyle reads it from his Bible. While Kennedy looks on.


















Then the kids check their stockings for goodies. Korin got a "finger" flashlight. She thinks that's pretty cool!


















Vanessa is pretty happy to get a phone charger for the car with a USB port.















Kashton gets a sword!



















He has been using a stick for weeks as a sword. He's one happy boy!
















Even though the Cowboys didn't do well this year Keannon is a fan! There's always next year!



















Korin likes her toy.















Granddad showing great enthusiasm for the gift that Kennedy picked out herself to give him. It's a spray nozzle for the water hose.










Korin wants brother's sword and he's not about to let her have it!

















The girls love their new robes!

















The best surprise gift was to Mom (Grammer) from Vanessa and Keannon. We are planning a trip the end of February to visit Vanessa's friend that moved there 2 yrs ago. She and her husband live within about 2 hrs of where my brother now lives. So we hope to see him too. The gift is airfare so Grammer gets to go too! She cried she was so happy!














Vanessa and Keannon got the big girls the first Bible with their names on them. Kennedy was with them when the bought Remi's. She was so upset because she wanted one so bad.















What Kennedy didn't know is they had bought her one too!

















I thought Korin needed a baby doll. She loved it!




















Korin did pretty good with the tree but sometimes you just can't resist!














I think she is literally "Looking up" to brother!












They play together pretty good!












I got this Paw Patrol pop-up tent for Kashton. Korin thought it was quite fun to play peek-a-boo in!
















Kennedy got a tent for her American Girl doll. Korin thought she should be able to get in it!











Silly girl!











Kajen is such a good dog. Miss Korin loves him.












Remi FaceTimed her Mom. Of course Kennedy and Kashton had to join in! I thought it was so cute them sitting on the porch together.










After presents we had some cinnamon rolls I made.

Fresh out of the oven. Next step icing.
















Melt in your mouth!


















No better way to end the day than with a beautiful sunset!

It was a great Christmas!


Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. A wonderful Christmas. Don't feel guilty about being giddy. It is nice that you had the Christmas there at least once. Next Christmas they may be in their own home so this was your time to enjoy it all. Yummy Cinnamon rolls! Makes me hungry! LOL and beautiful sunset photo. I enjoyed seeing your Christmas in photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful Christmas. Don't feel guilty about being giddy. It is nice that you had the Christmas there at least once. Next Christmas they may be in their own home so this was your time to enjoy it all. Yummy Cinnamon rolls! Makes me hungry! LOL and beautiful sunset photo. I enjoyed seeing your Christmas in photos!

    ReplyDelete