Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Personal Retreat

I typically try to attend two scrapbook retreats a year. I like the retreats as I can focus totally on
making pages and not stop to cook dinner, go feed horses, or whatever things I do when I'm home. With the rising costs .... of basically everything ... it has gotten harder and harder to save money to go to theses.  That was the situation I was in this month. I just didn't have the money to go to the store's November retreat.

My dear friend however....saved the day! She is usually my retreat buddy. When I told her I just wasn't going to be able to go to the retreat she said "I have an idea! Let's retreat at my house and use my studio! You can even spend the night here just like a real retreat!" I said "Let's do it!"

So on Thursday, November 12th, I loaded my truck with scrapbooking paraphernalia and headed to her house.
And create....I did! I completed 28 12x12 pages and made 10 cards! We had a blast!









The other advantage to being at her house is the view for sunsets! I was not disappointed! The following pictures were of the sunset the first night I was there.













Sunset over the stock tank ("pond" for those of you farther North).

























































It was definitely breath-taking and hard to quit taking pictures!

My friend came with me to photograph the sunset Friday night. I'll post about that one another time. Then the next two nights clouds moved in and there was no sunset.


Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. It has gotten hard to afford several retreats in a year. Not only are other things costing more but the retreats do too! What a wonderful idea to have a stay home retreat. I wish I had the room to do that and that Barb wasn't allergic to kitty cats! We plan on going to two in in 2016 at Mount Calm, TX (Compass Centre). The cost has gone up $5/night which isn't too bad but at $90 a night you have to limit how many times you go. But it does include the food so that's not bad.

    ReplyDelete