Sunday, August 23, 2015

Night Hawk and Sunset

I had been at a meeting at church on Tuesday August 18th and was getting in my truck to leave. A friend of mine who was also at the meeting had left ahead of me then drove back to my truck and asked if I had my camera with me. I actually did. She told me to take a close look at a bird sitting on a large cable over the church parking lot. She said "I think it's a Night Hawk. It's a little unusual for them to be seen in town. I tried to get a picture with my phone but I can't get close enough."

I quickly grab my camera putting on my zoom lens and snap a few photos.
My friend thinks he is a juvenile. I just thought it was cool I got a picture of him. He took off flying once and I tried to follow with my camera but he was too fast.


After taking these I went on to the horses to feed.










The colors in the sky were so pretty after the sun went down. This is looking a little to the Southwest. I wanted to get the moon in the picture.









This is looking to the Northwest . The church is in the bottom right corner.











Again looking toward the Southwest to include the moon.










Looking toward the Northwest.












And this one was just for fun! A silhouette of Fancy with a mouth full of hay.








Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome photos of the hawk and love your sunset photos too! The one with the horse is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete