Friday, August 7, 2015

It's a Birthday Party Challenge

Oh my goodness is it ever summer! Although our temperature here in my home town has yet to break 100 degrees our heat index has been consistently over 100 degrees making it miserable for any outdoor activities! We have been in a "Heat Advisory" for several days and will continue through Tuesday.  I'm not even feeding horses until nearly dark! Needless to say I've had a little time to craft.

Once again I missed the last Card's in Envy challenge. I'm bummed but I won't let that deter me from continuing to try to make a card for each challenge. This Challenge is "It's a Birthday Party". Any birthday card A2 size and flat enough to be mailed with regular postage is eligible.

This is the card I made. It's pretty simple. The background was a 12x12 paper I bought on sale with the sole purpose of using for making cards one day and that day came! The sentiment and balloons are acrylic stamps by Hero Arts. The balloons was the hardest part of making this card. The balloons were together. I stamped them on white for a base then I stamped five more times using Versa Mark ink and embossing with clear powder to be able to see the color of the balloons. I then cut out each balloon and pieced it onto the white base I created and added twine for the balloon strings. I used foam tape behind each balloon to give dimension. I also used foam tape on the sentiment. Although cutting out the balloons was a bit tedious I like the way the card turned out!

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!

Have a good one and stay cool!


6 comments:

  1. This turned out fabulous! The balloons may have been a bit of extra work but well worth the effort and the background paper is perfect with them. Love your card and of course, thank you for creating a card for us at Cards in Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday card and you bet you'd find me in my craft room if it was 100 plus degrees outside! Crazy. I live in upstate New York and I thought it was hot here. Well, we are glad you joined us for the Cards in Envy challenge. Sure hope you'll take more time to craft and join our next challenge too. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful birthday card! I love the text on the balloons (must "borrow" that idea). Thanks for sharing the fun with us at Cards In Envy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sherry. The text on the balloons is part of the stamp but you could certainly do the same!

      Delete