Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Creative Inspiration

A fellow scrapbooker and friend has cancer. She is scheduled to go to MD Anderson on July 20th. It was suggested that we each create a page to encourage her that would be put in a book to give to her. This is my creation. I went back to my "Mixed Media" for this project. I hadn't done any of that in a while but really had fun creating this. This page is 8 1/2x11. I do not do much drawing but I did have a stamp in mind that I wanted to use. It is from Unity Stamp Company and designed by Phyllis Harris. Those of you that follow me know my fetish with Phyllis Harris stamps! (to see the picture larger just click on it). The phrase "You Make Me Brave" comes from a song we sing at our church. I wrote some of the lyrics at the bottom of the page. The teal colored ribbon was part of a Unity Stamp set. I colored the ribbon teal as that represents the type of cancer my friend has.





A closer look at the bottom of the page.



























Here is the other side. The title on this side is also from a song we sing at church. The image is another Unity Stamp designed by Phyllis Harris.



























Lyrics from the song Oceans.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! I'm sure the book was very inspiring for your friend and I love your page. I haven't done any Mixed Media in a long time now. Have put my books away and gave Brandy most of my paint. It just didn't wow me that much though I did enjoy doing my Santa Christmas canvas last year. Guess that's the last time I used it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! I knew you had gotten away from Mixed Media. I had put my stuff away too until this project and the class I took at church I think I may play with it again some. Probably won't use all the different stuff but some.

      Delete