Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Thanks Berry Much

A dear lady whom I call "Momma Irene" is the recipient of this card I created  as a "thank you" for a
birthday gift I received from her. She bought me 2 lbs of fresh strawberries! I loved them! So I thought I would make her a card with "strawberries".

This card looks pretty simple but it was anything but simple to make! And I still didn't get it right. I had tried so many times I decided to just go with what I had! My challenge was the sentiment. I was using two different stamps to get the sentiment and I had issues with getting ink where I didn't want it! Except for that I was very pleased with the card. I took white cardstock and used an embossing folder to get the raised dotted background. Next I stamp the strawberry. I had to stamp 3 times as it was a single berry stamp by Unity. I stamped the image on watercolor paper then colored the strawberries using my Twinkling H2O's. Once they were dry I added glossy accents and cut them out. Unfortunately you can't see the glossiness in this photo. I put the strawberries together and used foam tape to give dimension on the last berry. The sentiment I cut out using a wafer die from Lifestyle Crafts.

Have a good one!


2 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I know what you mean about the sentiments sometimes. Getting them stamped right and the shape around them right can be a challenge! Love the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Sandy! Clean and simple are not all that simple!

      Delete