Thursday, May 28, 2015

Card Creativity

I mentioned in my last blog that I had missed the last challenge over at Cards in Envy. The theme was "When Nature Calls". The challenge was to make a card featuring things found in "nature" either living or inanimate objects. I chose to make a card anyway based on that theme to add to my stash of cards.

I've had this stamp for a while and think this was my first time to use it. It is from Impression Obsession. I first used Distress Ink Antique Linen, Faded Jeans, Wild Honey and Spun Sugar blending them together to create the background for the stamp. My intention was to make it look somewhat like a colorful sunset sky but it didn't quite turn out the way I had hoped. I didn't want to do it over so just went with what I had. I then stamped the image with black ink.  To bring out come color I put yellow cardstock behind the image and for interest I used an embossing folder to give it texture.

I also made a few Mother's Day cards.
































Have a good one!








2 comments:

  1. I love all of these cards, especially the Mother's Day ones because I tend to steer clear of those sentiments. The Pink & Green one is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete