Monday, March 2, 2015

Birds in Winter

I tend to take more pictures of birds in winter because they are easier to see! There is no foliage to hide them.  There was something unusual that happened while feeding horses during our winter weather. I noticed over a dozen Robins sitting in the trees close to where I park the truck. I've never seen that many together. Does anyone know why they were doing this? Anyway. It gave me opportunity to get some close ups.



Look how fats this birds are!
























I think this is a Mockingbird but feel free to correct me if that's not the case.

















































The birds finally came back to my feeder after I put in a different bird seed. Made me happy, happy happy!




I took this through my storm door!












































Female Cardinal and a House Finch.












I noticed in the back corner of a neighboring yard there were several birds nestled in the trees. After looking a bit closer I could see they were mostly doves.










We are starting to thaw a bit today and more tomorrow. Forecast says it will be in the 60's Monday and 70 by Tues with a chance of a spring like thunderstorm then another shot of wintry precip by Thursday! Crazy weather! Of course 5 days is too far out to predict. Anything can and probably will change!

Have a good one!










2 comments:

  1. One year in the spring after a big rain we had like over a hundred robins on the ground eating! It was awesome. Love your bird photos! I've wondered why we see so many more in winter especially when there's snow and ice and the lack of foliage makes sense.


    ~Sandy
    Sandy’s Crafty Creations Blog

    ReplyDelete