Thursday, September 11, 2014

Remembering 9-11 for a Different Reason

For a lot of people 9-11 is a very somber day but for me its a day of celebration.  27 years ago today I married my sweetheart. He isn't perfect and neither am I. Like anyone else who is married we've had our share of difficulties and heartaches but one thing I have never doubted....his commitment and love for me. Considering he met me at the end of a broken marriage and pregnant I still shake my head at why he wanted me. My God had a plan and it was a good one. I could see love in his eyes when he looked at me long before he ever said the words. It took me longer to come to the place but how can you not love someone who loves you whether you love them back or not?! God used Doyle to show me His love.

We married two weeks before Vanessa's 2nd birthday September 11, 1987.

In April 2011 a friend of mine (Sandy T) was trying to build her portfolio to have her own photography business and asked if she could photograph us for practice. Doyle and I hadn't had our pictures made as a couple professionally since we had gotten married! I jumped at the opportunity!























Sandy did a fabulous job! Thanks so much!


Happy Anniversary to my wonderful husband Doyle!


Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Love your romance story! So wonderful that God put you two together! Happy Belated Anniversary. I haven't been on the computer much. My main internet one is in the shop since last Thursday. Trying to catch up while on the laptop upstairs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandy! Sorry to hear about your computer. We use them so much it's hard to do without them now!

      Delete