Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Still Scrapbooking

It's been so long since I've posted any of my creations I bet you thought I wasn't crafting. Well, you would have been wrong! I have managed to do some! I've made a few scrapbook pages and a few cards.

The page layouts I got done mostly because Cathy of Cat's Creations Scrapbooks wanted samples for the new product she was unveiling at NSD (National Scrapbook Day) Weekend Retreat held at Mitchell Resort and RV Park the first weekend in May. I worked at the Store with Ray but did go out for a visit to see the ladies on Friday night.

This 2 page layout was created using Kaisercraft's Honey Chai collection. Although vintage in look I managed to make a "western" themed layout. This is the left side. This paper is called "Tarragon". I trimmed it down and used a 12x12 dark brown card stock for my base. I cut a piece of burlap and pulled threads on all 4 sides to create a frayed look. Because the colors were so muted I printed my photos in Sepia. I believe this really made the page.

The orange strip at the bottom is from the paper "Sage".  I cut a piece either 1 1/2 or 2 then using scissors made the points on the end. The little strip at the bottom of the banner is from the paper "Nutmeg". Using a We R Doily 2 Edge Punch I punched one edge of the paper then cut a strip to add underneath the banner. The journal block is from the paper "Tumeric" It had a pattern around it but I cut out the block and added twine. The letters are from Thickers from American Crafts that are corrugated. I inked them with Tim Holtz Distress Walnut to match the page.

The second page I used "Star Anise" and like the other page I trimmed it down and used dark brown cardstock as my base. As you can see I used burlap again on this page too. To adhere the burlap to the paper, I used liquid glue. My usual tape adhesive didn't work well attaching photos to the burlap so I used score tape which seem to do the trick. As a final touch I typed my journaling on vellum. I usually had write my journaling but I had much to say about these pictures and I couldn't write that small. I attached the vellum using brads.


Another layout I made for NSD Weekend was created using the collection Summer Bliss by Echo Park. The dotted background is the back of "Summer Floral". The paper on the left side under the photo is the back of "Flip Flops" and was what was left over after I fussy cut the flip flops for the banner across both pages. The strip at the bottom is the back of  "Summer Memories" which also had the journal block I used on this layout. The stickers came from the Alpha sticker sheet from that collection. These pictures were from last summer the first time Doyle took the kids out in the boat.

Have a good one.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you've been crafting and scrapbooking! Love these beautiful layouts!

    ReplyDelete