Saturday, March 15, 2014

Ouch!

One of the Reminisce Collections that came to Cats Creations Scrapbooks right before the retreat is called "Doctor". When I saw it I knew what pictures I had to make a sample layout for the store.

Clyde cut his foot on barb wire 4 years ago this month. If you're squeamish look no farther. Some of these pictures are very graphic. There was quite a story behind these photos so I chose to type it in order to get it all in. The vet stitched up as much as she could. He had torn a chuck out of his foot. To immobilize the foot as much as possible, he had to wear a cast and be stalled for two weeks. This is the left side of the layout.










After two weeks the cast was removed. The wound looked worse than when I took him in! For two more weeks I used hydrotherapy on the wound twice a day and then apply a "spray bandage". That's the silver you see. It was about 2 1/2 months before he could be ridden again. It's all healed now but it left a nasty scar. Grim reminder of how close I lost him that day.










I just love Reminisce Papers. They are double sided. To make this layout I used 3 sheets. I cut the 3 sheet in half and placed on the inside of each 12x12 page so that the ouch was covered on the right side.  The strip with the bar code is usable on the other side as a decorative strip which is what I did on the right side of this layout.
  I also used the coordinating stickers that came with the collection. The only thing extra I used on this layout was red and white card stock to mat the photos and white card stock for my journaling.

Well, hope I didn't gross you out too bad! Has someone in your family had an "owie". This is a great line to document that event. You can see these pages at Cats Creations. Also be sure to check out the blog and "like us" on Facebook!

Have a good one.













No comments:

Post a Comment