Friday, March 14, 2014

For the Birds

One of the benefits of winter is being able to photograph birds in the trees without leaves! I saw this cardinal while feeding the horses.

I have had the opportunity to see some beautiful birds at my feeder that is hung in a tree right outside my front door.  The next few pictures were taken during one of our wintry weather events as you can tell by the icicles.


















Does anyone know what type of bird this is? I first thought it was an immature cardinal but I don't think so. Most unusual looking to me.








 I think this guy has definitely been eating his share from my feeder!


























































While at the scrapbook retreat I saw some birds too. I never could get close enough to get a good shot of this one.








 This one was a beauty. He wouldn't let me get very close either.
 This cluster of birds is of the same type as the one above on the ground.

A Blue Heron that was on different property and this was as close as I could get.









This guy is similar to the one I asked you about above. Very odd looking bird.






































This brightly colored woodpecker was my favorite!





Have a good one!

2 comments: