Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Second Night of Rodeo

The second night of Rodeo was Friday. I decided to ride Clyde in the grand entry. Vanessa usually rides him but she was not going to be there that night. It wasn't until after talking with a friend of mine on Thursday that I realized it had been 6 years! In thinking bac,k I hadn't participated in the rodeo trail ride, parade or grand entry since my horse Blue died in 2007. I decided it was time so I told Doyle that's what I wanted to do. It started raining right as we needed to get Clyde but it wasn't very heavy. It quit by the time we got to the rodeo grounds.
Kennedy wanted to ride around with me before the rodeo started. I was wondering how I was going to explain to Kennedy that she wouldn't be able to ride with me in the grand entry but as it turned out she didn't want to.
Clyde and I waiting for the grand entry to begin. There were more riders than what you see here but it was a small grand entry. Clyde really surprised me. He was all perky and prancing around like a young horse all through the grand entry! I didn't know he had it in him!
Since I am the picture taker I didn't think I would get any pics of me but my dear Pastor was so kind to get this with his phone then promptly posted on Facebook "Valerie Light rides again"! I just love him! How thoughtful!
After the grand entry, I take Clyde back to the trailer and unsaddle. When I get back to our box seats the Star Spangled Banner is being sung.
Kennedy decides to sit with daddy for a little while.
I also got to watch a beautiful sunset.
Kennedy did really well the first night of rodeo but by the second night she got antsy and was ready to do something other than sit and watch so we went and checked on Clyde, went to the bathroom, and then she talked me into letting her go play on the inflatable slide. She didn't have anyone to do it with her and she soon lost interest. Not all was lost though as the pony rides were right next to the slide. I talked to the lady to see if she could ride the pony instead and she agreed. Geez, I have a horse that's free! She even rode it! But do you think I told her "no?!"
He was just her size!

On another note I made a card to send to Remi along with a package. 
This is a Phyllis Harris design made by Unity. I used my Copic Markers to color it then cut it out and popped with foam tape.

Have a good one!

1 comment:

  1. Ahh..love your card! Love the pink and the image! I'd say it's about time you rode in the rodeo again! :) Love the pics and the sunset is beautiful!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete