Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Hello My Little One

I'm sharing my first two page layout for Kashton. I am so thankful that I work at my LSS Cat's Creations. I'm asked to make pages with new paper to display at the store for examples of what to do! This helps me continue to make progress! For this layout I got my inspiration from CatNanDo Sketch #1 of 2013. This is a two page sketch. Which I love as I typically do a two page layout.
 This is the left side.
This is the right side.

 Here is left side of my layout. These are pictures of the day Kashton was born. We couldn't have asked for a better nurse. It didn't hurt that we knew her as well! Vanessa is overcome with emotion at the first look at her son after birth! He was a much bigger baby than any of us imagined weighing 9lbs .28 oz. and 21 inches long!

As you can see I took some liberty with the sketch. But sketches are intended to inspire your creativity not just copy...although you can most certainly do that. For this layout I am highlighting Moxie's new paper collection called "Wee Ones". This paper was unveiled at the Cat's February Retreat. I used a diecut from that collection for the title and word stickers on the vertical striped paper.
Here is the right side of my layout. Keannon and Vanessa admiring their new son. I apologize that the middle photo is so dark. I think I'll go have that edited and reprint. And Kennedy meeting her brother for the first time. She was quite excited to get to meet him!

I didn't embellish much on this page. I did use some clear stamps I had purchased from my LSS to put the stats for Kashton. I cut out the cream oval and the scalloped orange paper using Spellbinders dies. I inked the oval with Tim Holtz distress Antique Linen. I wanted to journal about this day so I made a pocket to go behind the oval, sewed to the background paper. I made a tag for journaling using my Tim Holtz die. I inked it with my blending tool using Antique Linen then tied twine to the tag.

Here is how the two pages look together.
Remember to see the pictures larger just click on the photo. Two down and many more to go! At least I've started now!

Kashton is starting to smile now. Vanessa took this photo today.
Have a good one!


3 comments:

  1. Fabulous layouts, Valerie. Love that paper collection and how you used it. Beautiful job, as always. Precious photo of Kashton and Kennedy today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simply adorable!! So enjoying the pictures and the sharing! I LOVE babies... I love 'em more when they're with their mommies! :D Great job at rocking out the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh...love these layouts of Kashton's first day! And the photo of your two grandbabies together is precious!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete