Holiday Card Workshop and learning a lot! It's actually day 6 of the class but I'm only up to day 3 for putting what I'm learning into practice.
Kristina Werner taught a cool technique for making a background for a card using scoring lines! I used too many score lines on my first attempt but it still turned out acceptable to me.
The class example used Kraft paper for the card base but I didn't have any so I found card stock that was close in color. The scored background I inked with my blending tool using Distressed Ink Peacock.
I used ornament stamps from three different companies. The far left is from a Unity set, the middle I have no idea. It is a clear acrylic stamp and the far right is from a Stampin' Up set. I used a silver glitter pen to draw the strings, silver Stickles for the toppers and glossy accents on the ornaments. The sentiment I don't no where I got it either it was also a clear acrylic stamp. I heat embossed "Happy Holidays" with white embossing powder. I used a white gel pen to draw a line around the card.
The next card for Day 3's class was taught by Julie Ebersole. I really didn't use the techniques she demonstrated in this class mainly because I already had this paper dry embossed from a previous project and wanted to use it. Julie's main focus of her card was also dry embossed but she used Copic Markers on hers. I have also been taking a Christmas Tag Class using Tim Holtz techniques at my LSS Cat's Creations so I've been playing with my distress inks, diecuts and embossing folders. Here's my card.
The embossed piece I had already inked with red (don't remember for sure but think it was "Festive Berries") during the tag class this past Saturday. I had embossed a piece of a file folder so it was already a manilla color. I cut it down to fit on a 4.25x 5.5 card. I rounded the corners, distressed the edges and inked with Distress Ink Forest Moss then attached with dimensional adhesive. The DP is from Authentique. The ivy leaves and berries are from a Tim Holtz die. I used glitter paper for the berries. Although my card base was cream it still looked too "clean" so I used Distress Ink Vintage Photo. I also used Forest Moss on the ivy leaves.
I have got to pack for the retreat! I have been in such a creative mode it's been hard to pack much stuff! Hope I can keep this mojo going! I can hardly wait!
I will be sharing the tags I have created from the classes and at home on Wednesday's blog so stay tuned!
Have a good one!