Monday, November 19, 2012

Beautiful Day for a Ride

I know, it's three days before Thanksgiving and I SHOULD be preparing but I just couldn't resist a chance to enjoy the gorgeous weather today! I actually get another day to prepare as we aren't celebrating until Friday night.

I decided to ride at Lake Mineral Wells State Park. I just love it out there. Nearly always see wildlife. It's so quiet and I rarely ever see anyone else on the trail as I usually ride during the day in the middle of the week. It's very beautiful and for the duration that I'm out there nothing else exists.
Here we go!
I took a pic of this same view not long ago but it's still beautiful. I really liked the clouds.
This photo I tried to capture so many elements that I was seeing. The first thing that caught my eye was the circling vultures. (You may have to click on the photo to get a better look). There were so many of them when I first saw them and much closer than they are here. For the first time I tried carrying my digital SLR camera with me. Clyde doesn't like to go fast and I decided that today I was going to let him poke along all he wanted and just take in all the scenery. I had to stop him to get the camera out. By the time I got ready to take a picture they had moved farther away from me. The other element I noticed was the beautiful formation of the clouds. Then there's the tail from a plane and the moon.
It's hard to see here but if you click on the photo you can see who I ran into on this trail. This was the first of several I saw on my ride.

My riding buddy tagging along.
Once again I couldn't resist taking pictures of these clouds. Just loved them!
I just LOVE deer!
This little doe wasn't afraid of us....at least not like the others. She watched as we rode the trail and as I stopped to take her picture.
She's checking us out. Not sure if she has grown accustom to humans or is just overly curious. Either way it made for a fun photo op!
Posing so pretty!
Then I got surprised by this guy! I used to see these guys all the time when I rode but I hadn't seen any in a long time then on the last leg of the ride on the way back to the trailer I saw this guy out of the corner of my eye. I had already put up my camera. So I got it back out.  He was across the fence and far enough away I decided to put my zoom on. Then he started making his way towards me and ran right in front of the horse! Kaidence spotted him and began to chase him. He made what sounded like a growling sound but kept running. I called her off before she went too far.

I got Clyde back to the barn just as the sun was setting.


This is taken behind Southside Church of Christ. I didn't go straight home but took a route that would let me see more of the beautiful colors in the sky.
Pictures just don't do the colors justice!
I just love to capture a sunset with a windmill. I usually like to get a close shot of one but that would have required me climbing a fence...which I'm not opposed to doing...but not tonight.

It was a great afternoon! It's the best therapy!

Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your ride. Loved all of the deer. The sunset photos---yum! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was an awesome day for a ride. If I rode horses that what I'd want to be doing too! :) Love all your photos of nature and the animals. Wow! Thanks for sharing it with us!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful photos - I can't believe you were able to get that many pictures of the deer. And the armadillo was quite a surprise, too! These unseasonably warm days this week are perfect for enjoying outdoor activities. Thanks for sharing yours with us!

    ReplyDelete