Monday, September 24, 2012

New Home

Not me but my horse.

I am very thankful that I am still able to keep him close (2 miles from my house) and the facility was built for horses so I don't have to worry about barbed wire!

 Looking toward the barn. There are 3 stalls with 3 runs.
 Looking from inside the stall.


This is the 3rd stall that we are using for hay and feed storage. Doyle found someone baling hay and he got it fresh out of the field. It smells so wonderful!
 Looking toward the stalls. Did you notice the fans? I never had a barn with fans! Don't know that we'll use them. They will need some work if we do though.
 We even have a place for our round pen. I will like having this when the girls get big enough to try to ride by themselves.

This view is looking from the road while Clyde is peacefully grazing. I am standing at the corner of the property where I drive to the barn. You can see the barn and my trailer in the left of this picture through the fence.


This view is looking from where the trailer is parked toward the road. I loved the setting sun and Clyde grazing contentedly.

I am very happy with this set up. I am only a little sad for Clyde that he has no pasture buddies...not even across the fence. Every time I go out he comes up...course some of that is because I've started feeding him again twice a day. Not much but enough to establish a routine and giving him a carrot! He loves carrots and so do I! I am thinking about getting another horse...not just because he's the only one but because he is an old horse and it would be nice if someone could ride with me which will be Kennedy at some point and probably her Dad will ride with me some. I'm not in a hurry but I am looking a little. I'll know it when the time is right.

Have a good one!

2 comments:

  1. Awesome new digs for your horse. The fans might be nice when it is over 100 degrees in the summer! I was going to say you might need to buy Clyde a horse buddy but then you answered that one further down in the blog. As always, I love your photos!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I had responded to this comment...guess not! The fans would be nice to help have a breeze when there's not one but these blades are going to have to be replaced. Thanks for your comment!

      Delete