Wednesday, July 4, 2012

What's On Your Workdesk? Wednesday #161

Not much is on my desk actually. My mother was over last night and commented how clean it was and asked if I was going to post on WOYWW. It was actually cleaner than this when my mother was here. Today is our nation's birthday so I had the day off from work. Hubby had to work though and my daughter was doing something else so I decided to go hang out at my LSS (Cat's Creations). I worked on making my daughter some "thank you" cards to send for the wedding gifts she received. You can see those in the middle of the desk. On the corner of the desk in the foreground is the Artbin I used to take items with me to the store today. The lid is covering the loot I carried home from the store. Cathy has had some product reduced to 50% off to make room for new. I have been through this product several times but she keeps adding to it so of course I keep checking. Today she added extra incentive to buy this product when she offered an additional 25% off the merchandise! How can you pass that up?!

My granddaughters were over last night after our day at the zoo. (I hope to blog about that later.) I had been working with my granddaughter Kennedy teaching her about stamping. Last night Remi got introduced to stamping. Here's the girls little workdesk.


I didn't get any pics last night (see me being very aggravated with myself). I guess I was too busy trying to watch two toddlers with ink pads! I might post a pic of some of their work later. I gave each of them a journal in which to put stickers and stamp. They both wanted to take their books home last night to show Daddy what they had done. They were very proud of themselves and I was proud of them. I am amazed at how well they did.


Here are the cards I am making for my daughter. They are pretty simple but I like how they turned out. Her wedding colors were black & purple. I need to get more of this purple cardstock as it was what I had on hand and I've used it up.

Take some time to see other people's workdesk from around the world To learn more about why we do this go to Julia's Stamping Ground.


I am off to go watch the fireworks display at the fire station. My hubby is on duty today and the station is very close to the display so we will be able to watch without the crowds. My daughter, SIL and Kennedy will be there too. Remi had to go back to her mother's today.

Have a good one!

11 comments:

  1. Purple and Black is so striking and the cards are great. BJ#18

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a very clean desk! Scary even - LOL! Your thank you cards look beautiful - the simplicity of them is just perfect for wedding gift thanks yous (and for making multiples!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, that's a clean desk! I think you should have opened up that Art Bin and dumped out some of your loot for us to see! Love the granddaughter's desk. So cute and it's wonderful you are teaching them to be crafty so early. The thank you cards are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a nice Fourth of July! Those cards are nice-I like that punched border.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Valeria, I agree a sale is a a bad thing to waste! hee hee. I have a hard time resisting sales on craft stuff.

    Love the little desk for your godchildren. I can totally relate to the nerves when small children are armed with ink pads! I plan on creating little ablums for my boys to work on this summer too. That's really special that you have started teaching them some crafty fun.
    Hope your holiday was great.

    If you have time, come on over to my desk and play.

    Belinda (31)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love those thank you cards, and your desk looks very neat, especially as you have work in progress.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Valerie. Yes, your desk is very neat! I like that you punched both the top and bottom of the purple cardstock on the thank you notes; I never think to do that. The iridescent ribbon is pretty, too. You are brave to hand ink pads to your little granddaughters! But it's never too early to learn the important things in life, like stamping. Happy WOYWW from Laura #112 (Thanks for popping over to visit my blog already.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very striking cards. i am sure your daughter loved them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like the cards, too. Simple, classy, very nice! :) And your desk is very tidy. How nice to have grandchildren playing in ink! I don't have grandkids, my son is only 13 yrs old right now, but he doesn't play in ink...maybe someday? lol
    Deeyll #140

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that your nurturing creativity in your granddaughters. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete