Monday, July 9, 2012

M is for Make a Gift

ABC Christmas Challenge
Digi Haven: Christmas in July Challenge

I had been working on my project for the ABC Christmas Challenge when I read my scrappin' buddy (Sandy) blog about another challenge this project would work for if I used a forever free digi stamp. My project is a A2 size box for a set of handmade cards.


This idea came from Splitcoaststampers. I just love this idea. Makes a great gift. In fact I made another box and 10 cards to put inside as a birthday gift for a friend at church. It was a big hit! It's amazing how many cards you can make from 2 sheets of design paper and some scrap cardstock. I'll share that project a little later. The paper I used for the box were from last year's Authentique's collection "Wonder". 

The forever free digi is from Sliekje digi Stamps. She has the cutest images! I had printed the image on white paper before I thought so I inked it with some Tim Holtz Antique Linen so it would coordinate better with the off white in the lid of the box. I colored the bird with my Copic Markers. I used glossy accents on the berries and distress stickles "white picket fence" as the snow on the limb and holly leaves. I also used it as the fluff on the bird's hat. I used "puff paint" on the snowflakes and stars. The red paper was cut with a Stampin up die. The ribbon was from my stash.


Here you can see the cards I made tucked inside this box.

Here's a close up of the image.

Just got a message from my daughter asking if Kennedy can come over for a little bit so I best wrap this up.

Have a good one!

15 comments:

  1. Oh so cute!!!! I was going to use this image, too, since it's so cute! You've totally used it perfectly! LOVE your boxed cards! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project. I love that little bird. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great gift idea! You are really getting into the challenges, aren't you?! So much fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome gift box! This little bird is too cute for words and I love all of the sparkle you added! Thanks so much for joining us this week for Christmas in July at Digi Haven.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! This is Gorgeous. What a Fabulous gift box..
    Such a cute image too.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great gift! love that you have cards inside too! Thanks for Playing along with us this time for our M for Make a Gift Challenge
    hugs Samantha :0)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is an adorable project. I love the sparkle you've added to this little guy.
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this is excellent. What a great gift to give for Christmas and I've actually seen that tutorial and might have to give that a go myself. Love the sparkly leaves and snow. Thanks for playing at ABC Christmas Challenge and good luck. Hope to see you back wednesday for a new challenge. Bettina xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Perfect! I love it Valerie and so happy you did TWO challenges with this. The free digi is adorable and I love the box! Thanks for joining in on this week's Digi Haven Challenge and be sure to check it out on Friday too. It's a blog hop!!
    ~Sandy
    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous gift!
    Thanks for playing with us at the ABC Christmas Challenge!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was just uploading my card to Digi Haven and saw that you had used the same Digi. Isn't it just so cute! I love the beautiful gift box you have made using it, your ribbon and music themed papers are perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. This will make such a wonderful gift. I love the beautiful box that you have made to hold them. Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas challenge.
    Carissa :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful project and gift! This is a cute FREE Digi and you've done a beautiful job with him. Thank you so much for joining us at Digi Haven this week. Good luck in the challenge and we hope to see you often! ♥ Denise www.DigiHaven.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love these freebies from Sliekje. Your finished project is wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven and playing along in the challenge. Come play again!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is so cute! LOVE that birdie image--and you always do such a great card coloring.

    ReplyDelete