Saturday, July 14, 2012

Happy Summer

Digi Haven: Fun in the Sun Free Digi Challenge

I was inspired to join in on this challenge after blog hopping with Digi Haven: Fun in the Sun Blog Hop. I encourage to you hop along. There is some wonderful talented card makers out there and for a little extra incentive there is a prize for commenting on each blog. The blog hop goes through tomorrow. To get started begin here.

The challenge is to find any free digital image that reminds you of summer. The challenge ends on Thursday July 19th. Here is my entry for this challenge.


I used papers from Little Yellow Bicycle's new line called "Splash". The dark blue is the backside of "Skinny Stripes Multi". I then used a piece of "Makin Waves".

The free digital image I used is this adorable little girl from Sliekje Digi Stamps. I just LOVE her digi images! There is a boy and girl but I chose the girl because she reminded me so much of my granddaughter Kennedy. I colored the little girl with my Copic Markers. Looking back now I wished I had colored her bathing suit in a coordinating color. I used purple because Kennedy likes purple.  This image was drawn with the little girl standing on the edge of a pool with her dipping her toe in the water. I wanted it to look like she was on the beach so I cut the pool part off.

 For my sentiment I went back to LYB's "Splash" line and used their dimensional "happy summer" sticker. I also put some foam tape behind the little girl's head.

I was really liking how the card was coming together but it lacked something. I decided on a beach ball for the finishing touch. This came from a Creative Imaginations paper. I cut out the ball and popped it with foam tape. This card is very simple but I really liked how it turned out. I think I may make a few more to use up this paper and give the cards to Operation Write Home. I think someone would enjoy giving this card to someone back home.


Have a good one!

9 comments:

  1. What an adorable card! You did a great job coloring the little girl, too. I love her floaties on her arm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect and fun Summer creation! Thanks so much for joining us this week for Fun in the Sun at Digi Haven.

    Peace & Luv,
    Jeannie

    ReplyDelete
  3. This girl is a real cutie! I love the papers you've used - just perfect for the water. And the ball is a nice addition.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card and I'm sure your granddaughter Kennedy will love this and the purple bathing suit. I think it all came together perfectly. The addition of the beach ball did pull it all together and the background waves are just terrific. Thank you for playing at Digi Haven this week. Hope to see you again. ♥ Denise www.digihaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's very cute. I like the addition of the beach ball. Thanks for playing at Digi Haven.
    http://iwycd.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome Valerie! I think the purple for the bathing suit is perfect. It makes it stand out from the blue color for the water. Adorable free image! And a very cute card! Thanks for joining in on the Digi Haven challenge this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is absolutely TOO CUTE!!! What a darling little doll--and your patterned paper background looks fabulous! I hope to see you at Technique Tuesday--I'd love to see what you make for this month's challenge!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very adorable card and love this paper. I used the same paper for my DT project. Thanks for joining us at Digi Haven this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations you've won top 3 at Digi Haven's Fun in the Sun Challenge. Please drop by and pick up your Top 3 blog button!! http://digihaven.blogspot.com/p/winners-buttons.html Great job! Thank you for playing with us at Digi Haven. We hope to see you again real soon! ♥ Denise www.DigiHaven.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete