Sunday, July 29, 2012

Family

I previously blogged about the Authentique July Sketch Challenge and posted a pic of the card sketch and my card made with the sketch.






This is the sketch for the layout.



This is the layout I made using Authentique's "Lively" based on this sketch.






These pictures are of my granddaughters and my daughter and SIL at my niece's high school graduation in June. The graduates handed out roses to family members during the ceremony. Many left them behind so the girls each got one.  I used "Spirited" for the background. A strip of "Chipper" for the accent. I used my Stampin Up scalloped edge punch on one edge. To help make the striped paper be more distinct I chose to mat with a dark brown Bazzill card stock. I used the alpha stickers from the "Lively" collection and used the dark brown Bazzill card stock again to help make the letters visible. I put foam tape behind the Title for dimension. I matted the photos in cream and dark brown card stock. The flowers I cut out of the"Bright" paper, inked the edges with Powder Puff Mocha Mama and put foam tape behind them. The printed paper of the banner was the from the "Chipper" and dark brown card stock to mat. I used twine from My Mind's Eye and colored it with my Copic Marker to match the brown paper.

I had fun making this layout! Have a good one!

3 comments:

  1. Valerie, I love your layout. Thanks for stopping by my blog to say hello and leave your lovely comments. I adore your take on this sketch especially your banner work. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that sketch and it worked perfect for your layout! Beautiful papers!
    ~Sandy

    sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete